ACRP Elects New Officers, Names Rigging Jeopardy Winners
Approximately 80 safety professionals attended the General Assembly meeting of the Association of Crane & Rigging Professionals, held May 10-13 in Milwaukee, Wis. The annual meeting included educational sessions on technical topics, such as boom assembly/disassembly and center of gravity techniques, as well case studies showing barge lifts, overhead crane lifts, and industrial roller applications. Attendees also toured the Manitowoc cranes facility in Manitowoc, Wis.
A traditional activity of the ACRP General Assembly is a Rigging Jeopardy contest, sponsored by The Crosby Group. Attendees divide into teams and work together each day answering rigging questions in a multiple choice format. This year’s highest scoring team consisted of Brian Todd of Apex Tool/Campbell Chain, York, Pa., Mike Parnell of Industrial Training International, Woodland, Wash., and Michael Barrett and Jim Cahill from J.F. White Contracting, Framington, Mass.
In addition, new officers were elected:
- President – Scott Fleming, Unirope Limited, Mississauga, Ontario
- Vice-President – John Hellums, Bishop Lifting Products, Houston, Texas
- Secretary/Treasurer – Ron Overton, Overton Safety Products, Aloha, Ore.
New board Board of Directors members are:
- Jeff Hairston – RHTC, Inc., West Monroe, La.
- Jeffrey Roach – American Electric Power, Point Pleasant, W.V.
- Joseph Uva – Skanska USA, Parisppany, N.J.
- Michael Barrett – J.F. White Contracting, Framington, Mass.
- Mike Smith – Crane Rental Corporation, Orlando, Fla.
- Peter Cooke – Columbus McKinnon, Amherst, N.Y.
- Pinchas Leitner – Lifting Solutions, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Terry Driscoll – John Sakach Company, St. Louis, Mo.