Eco-Certification Designation For Eriez Magnets
Eriez, Erie, Pa., which manufactures lifting magnets, has developed an eco-certification designation for a variety of the company’s magnetic separation and recycling equipment as well as its line of small feeders.
The self-certified program was put in place in October 2010 and will expand into other product categories after an internal analysis.
Equipment identified by Eriez for the Eco-Certified designation has met several criteria, it said:
- the products have a positive impact on recycling processes and the recycling industry;
- they are manufactured with energy-saving features, including the use of energy-free permanent magnets;
- all equipment is built in an Eriez facility that focuses on recycling consumables, driving down energy usage and drastically reducing solid landfill waste;
- an electronic, paperless format is used when promoting the selected equipment. When marketed using hard copy, promotional material is printed on recycled paper;
- Eriez has incorporated a completely digital workflow, both internally and externally, to reduce its dependence on paper. Customers can now access most product information via the Eriez website, and print only what they need.
The Eco-Certified equipment comprises magnetic separation products, including the entire line of plate and grate magnets and liquid line traps. The designation also applies to the company’s line of ProGrade Magnetic Separators.