LEEA to roll out new TEAM Card
The Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) will roll out the new TEAM Card in 2022, which will replace all existing TEAM Cards.
The new TEAM Card will enhance security, provide instantly verifiable data when required, and will be instantly updated by the LEEA team when changes occur – for example, when new qualifications are added, new validation dates, change of employment details and a new photograph.
Members will no longer have to wait for a new TEAM Card to be printed and sent by post around the world, which generates cost-saving benefits and helps to reduce the Association’s carbon footprint.
Key features and benefits of the new card include:
- The card will incorporate ‘smart’ technology for instant verification
- For UK members, the card’s Near Field Communications (NFC) technology will enable simple and quick verification of Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) approval at point of access to Construction Leadership Council (CLC) construction sites
- It will be a ‘one-time issue’ card, licensed for 3-years with auto renewal
- New qualifications will be added digitally so there is no need to reissue cards
- Validity of the card will be automatically renewed
- It will give secure cloud-based access to verification data using any smart phone, globally – no app is required
- Cloud-based data is always live and current
- Cards cannot be copied or cloned – individuals with cloned or altered cards cannot pass the test of the card being swiped on a reader or smartphone
- Provides the holder with a virtual TEAM card instantly on tapping the card against a smartphone.
An interesting development for a later date will be the ability for TEAM Card holders to record Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activity to a secure cloud-based database and provide optional geo-tracking data should this be required. The geo-tracking function may also be used to record compliance.
“This is an exciting development for LEEA and we look forward to delivering your new TEAM cards to you during Q1 2022,” said Andrew Wright, deputy CEO of LEEA.
Any questions can be a answered by LEEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A TEAM card provides evidence of identity and LEEA qualifications. It is accredited by CSCS and can be used to access all UK construction sites operating under the CSCS scheme. It is available to people who:
- Hold a LEEA Advanced Programme or Diploma
- Are directly employed by a full or development member of LEEA.