Rigging Institute Opens Learning Centers Across USA
Following the opening of four learning centers in 2011, Rigging Institute, Knoxville, Tenn., has partnered with more than a dozen rigging shops, rigging gear suppliers, and manufacturers across the country in 2012.
“Learning centers have a greater importance than just providing a comfortable environment for learning. Our goal is to provide learning at facilities that teach our students about the industry they work in,” said Mike Riggs, president.
By locating its training courses in these dedicated training facilities on location where rigging gear and slings are made, students gain the extra benefit of seeing the production and testing processes of the equipment they regularly use.
“Three of our learning center partners are so committed to this education process, that they are building dedicated training rooms to be a part of the Rigging Institute vision,” said Riggs.
At press time, Rigging Institute learning centers had been established at the following locations.
- Knoxville, Tenn. – I & I Sling, Inc.
- Greensboro, N.C. – I & I Sling, Inc.
- York, Pa. – Campbell Chain
- Mobile, Ala. – Marine & Industrial Supply Co. Inc.
- Chicago, Ill. – ASC Industries, Inc.
- St. Louis, Mo. – John Sakach Company of St. Louis
- Sioux Falls, S.D. – Dakota Riggers & Tool Supply
- New Orleans, La. – DCL Mooring & Rigging
- Los Angeles, Calif. – Lift-It Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Phoenix, Ariz. – Southwest Safety Services
- Billings, Mont. – Northwest Industrial
- Idaho Falls, Idaho – Bonneville Industrial Supply
- Bakersfield, Calif. – Howard Supply Co
- Farmington, Calif. – Cranes and Material Handling
- San Diego, Calif.– Safety Management Systems
- Salt Lake City, Utah – Rasmussen Equipment Co.
- Elko, Nev. – Elko Tool and Fastener
- Casper, Wyo. – Howard Supply Co.